Monday, February 22, 2010

Weight Loss

Let's talk about Gastric By Pass surgery.For medical reason this is a good thing. But there are those people out there who are just to lazy to exercise and eat right. There is a girl I know who actually gained weight so that she could have the surgery, she was heavy but not enough to qualify. Is that ridiculous or what? Don't you think that the doctor should have noticed she put on an extra seventy-five pounds in a short time? So she had the surgery and now weighs maybe 110 pounds if that. She never even tried dieting. For her it was like she was going on with a new fad, because everyone she knew was having it done. It drives me crazy when I think about it.
Seriously doctors should have a more strict qualifying program. One that starts out with a extreme diet and exercise program. You know to see if you can lose the weight naturally. Maybe to at least say you tried it the natural way, and then if it doesn't work have the surgery. Actually I feel it should only be aloud if you have serious health issues, where losing the weight would be beneficial. I mean do we even know what the long term effects from this type of surgery is.
What really pisses me off is that insurance company's are paying for this surgery. It wouldn't cover a tummy tuck,or liposuction, so why this. Let see because its suppose to help prevent other health issues, so why don't they pay for my gym membership? I go there to stay healthy to prevent health issues so why shouldn't they pay for it.Preventive maintenance they can call it. I mean should get some kind of break for trying to be healthy without cheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment